Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Paging Title Writer— Oh, Wait…

, , , , | Working | May 12, 2020

I’ve been on my lunch break for probably five minutes when this comes over the intercom:

Manager: “[My Name], please—” *pause* “Cancel [My Name].”

I find this kind of funny and laugh it off, assuming he’ll find me after my break. After lunch:

Coworker: “Hey, [Manager] wanted me to let you know that there is [a product in my department] in the back that you should put out today.”

Me: “Oh, okay! I guess I’ll go do that now, then.”

I go find the product right away, as it won’t take long and I’m waiting for a coworker to come back from lunch so we can continue on our project together, anyway. Five or ten minutes later, when I’m back on the project…

Manager: “[My Name]! Did [Coworker] tell you—”

Me: “About the [product]? Yeah, already took care of it.”

My manager shakes his head. He says something about me being too fast or something, kind of a running joke at this point, because I usually do things pretty quickly and he knows it.

A little while later, I have this conversation with an assistant manager:

Me: “[Manager] paged me on my lunch break again and then cancelled it immediately.”

Assistant Manager: “Yeah, I was standing right near him. He said something about you and I said you were on break and he picked up the intercom and started paging you. I guess it didn’t click right away.”

That wasn’t the first time they’ve paged me on a break, and it probably won’t be the last. One of the more entertaining times it’s happened, though.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!