Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pa-ranting

| Friendly | September 1, 2016

(I am at a grocery store shopping. A man in the same aisle is shopping with a boy of about eight or nine, by the looks of him. While the man is selecting a packaged product from the freezer case, his son is playing with a plastic bag, blowing it up and deflating it. I mind my own business until the kid puts the bag on his head and pulls it over his face. At this point, I interfere.)

Me: *to the boy* “Hey, buddy. Don’t do that. It’s not safe. Pull that bag off.”

(The boy ignores me, so I reach out and pull the bag off his head by its top, without actually touching the kid. His dad turns around just in time to see me do that.)

Dad: “What the h*** are you doing?”

Me: “Sorry, sir, but your son pulled a plastic bag over his head. It’s dangerous. He can suffocate.”

Dad: “What business is it of yours, b****? He is just playing. He always does that. Don’t you touch my kid!”

Me: “Sorry. I won’t do it again, I promise.” *I turn and walk away with my grocery cart*

Dad: *yelling after me* “Right, b****! Walk away! Everybody is a f***ing parenting critic! Go take care of your own kids!”

(I promise you, sir, I do. And I certainly don’t let them put plastic bags over their heads.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!