Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Overly Framed The Search For Her Frames

, , | Right | November 2, 2021

I work at the patient enquiries/information desk at a large hospital. Among other things, we keep a small collection of non-valuable lost property items found in our general vicinity. This conversation happens via phone.

Me: “Good morning, patient enquiries.”

Caller: “Yesterday, I came to the hospital, and I went to [Clinic], and then I went to [Café], and then I went to the bathroom, and then I sat outside, and then…”

The caller proceeds to tell me every detail of her day while I “mmhmm” along, neglecting to actually mention the reason for her call.

Me: “So, how can I help you?”

Caller: “Oh, I can’t find my glasses. I had them at the café, and then outside, and then—”

Me: *Cutting her off* “What do they look like?”

Caller: “Oh? Umm… They look like reading glasses.”

Me: “What colour are they?”

Caller: “Oh, umm, hmmm… like the colour of the frames? Oh, umm, let me see I don’t know. Black?”

Me: “Okay, yes, I did have some black reading glasses handed in yesterday. They were found outside. They could be yours?”

Caller: “Yes, yes! Are they mine?”

Me: “Well, I don’t know if they are yours. You will have to come and have a look at them.”

Caller: “Yes, yes! I will send my sister-in-law to pick them up tomorrow!”

The call ended. I have no idea if these are the correct glasses or if the sister-in-law will even know what the glasses look like. I’ve left a note for the weekend crew wishing them luck!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!