Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Outside Voice, Waiting Outside

| Right | March 19, 2014

(I have just transferred down the road to another shop in our coffee chain, after the one I used to work at cut down on its employees. It is very busy. A man walks up to the drink counter, takes a drink, and walks away. All of a sudden, a customer who had been sitting at a table runs up towards one of my coworkers and starts yelling.)

Customer: “I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting and you f****** haven’t made my drink! This is f****** horrible service! I have a f****** meeting in a few minutes, and I need my f****** coffee!”

Coworker: “Sorry, but the order list says that we did make your drink. Are you sure it’s not up there?” *gestures to the table full of drinks*

Customer: “OF COURSE I’M SURE! I think that you’re f****** ignoring me! That or you drank my drink. B****, make me another drink or I’ll sue! This is s***** customer service. You should be f****** fired!”

(At this point my coworker is at the verge of tears. She is new, and just old enough to get a job.)

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am, but didn’t you do this at the other [Coffee Shop] down the street? I distinctly remember you yelling at us for not making your drink while your boyfriend waited outside with the exact same drink in his hand.”

(Sure enough, when we looked out the window the same man was out there, holding the drink.)

Customer: *turns beet red, stammers something, and runs off*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!