Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Outlook (On Getting An Answer) Not So Good

, , , , | Working | CREDIT: bicky005 | May 21, 2023

I was working at the internal service desk for a company of around 700 employees. We had an annual target where we would all get a bonus if the goals were met. We used Skype For Business for calling, meetings, and chat, and we used Outlook for mailing.

I was minding my business at someone’s desk, installing a new docking station, when they hit me with the next question.

Coworker: “So, [My Name], do we get our bonus this year or what?”

Me: “What do you mean? How would I know? This is something Human Resources communicates.”

Coworker: “Come on, don’t play dumb. We know you read all our Skype messages and Outlook emails, so you probably already know if the target is met. So, how about it?”

I couldn’t even react to this. This was a genuine question from a group of ladies. Do they think we have the TIME for that?? What do you think we do all day? Thousands of emails are sent per month. I don’t even know the numbers for chats!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!