Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Out With The Old And In With The Nothing

, , , , | Right | November 1, 2011

(This is the second time this customer has called in today for the same issue, after calling in three times about it yesterday.)

Me: “I can understand how you are frustrated that your email is not working in Outlook. However, it still works in webmail, so why don’t you use that for the time being until we hear back from our hosting technicians about your issue?”

Caller: “That’s not what I’m paying for! I want you to fix my Outlook right now!”

Me: “Sir, we do not provide Outlook. We provide the webmail that routes to your email, so you aren’t paying us for something that is unavailable. The webmail still works, so you can still use that for now.”

Caller: “I don’t want to use that archaic piece of garbage! I want my Outlook! You guys are putting me out of business!”

Me: “So, you won’t use webmail, even though it still works, because you don’t like the layout?”

Caller: “I want my Outlook back! You are putting me out of business with this delay!”

(Note: it has been less than 24 hours since the original complaint was filed.)

Me: “Sir, our technicians are working on the issue. This issue will take time to fix.”

Caller: “Well, I’m not seeing any effort! Tell them to work faster! I will be calling back this afternoon to speak with a supervisor! You are putting me out of business!”

Me: “Sir, there is nothing that can be done except wait and use the webmail service for now.”

Caller: “But I don’t want to use webmail! I want to use my Outlook! You go tell those guys to stop drinking coffee and fix my email! Don’t you understand how I feel?”

Me: “Certainly, sir, but the webmail service we provide is still working, so you can use it for the time being to keep in contact with your clients and your business won’t be affected.”

Caller: “You aren’t listening! Forget it! You’re putting me out of business and I will not use the webmail!” *hangs up*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!