Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Out Of Tune-a With The Menu

| Right | October 12, 2010

(I am working as a waitress in a sushi restaurant. A disabled customer comes in and orders five rolls off of our special rolls menu. I bring the customer her food.)

Customer: “What is this?”

Me: “These are the rolls you ordered, ma’am.”

Customer: “I didn’t order these. I don’t eat fish.”

Me: “Ma’am, you specifically pointed at these rolls. The ingredients are mainly tuna and salmon. It is listed on the menu.”

Customer: “I don’t eat fish! You are discriminating against me because I am in a wheelchair. I didn’t order this!”

Me: “Ma’am, this is exactly what you ordered. If you don’t eat fish, you should have ordered chicken or beef teriyaki.”

Customer: “I don’t eat fish! Bring me my rolls!”

Me: “These are your rolls.”

Customer: “I want to talk to your manager.”

Manager: “Ma’am, what seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “Your waitress brought me the wrong rolls. I want my rolls.”

Manager: “This looks to be exactly what you ordered.”

Customer: “I don’t eat fish!”

Manager: “It’s listed with fish on the menu, but okay, we’ll take these back. What would like instead?”

(The customer orders the same rolls.)

Manager: “Ma’am, you just ordered the exact same rolls.”

Customer: “They have fish in them?”

Manager: “Yes.”

Customer: “Is that because I’m disabled?”

Manager: “No, ma’am.”

Customer: “I’m leaving and I’m not giving you a cent of my money. You shouldn’t falsely advertise. You should say when there will be fish!”

Manager: *to me* “You hungry?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!