Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Out Of Order Is Totally Out Of Order

, , , , , | Right | March 15, 2022

Just before we open, we realize the toilet isn’t working, so I put an “Out of Order” sign in two different languages on the door. One of the cooks has already had to knock on the door to get a lady who had waltzed right in past the sign out of there before she accidentally made a mess, but this is the most interesting interaction of the day.

Female Customer: “Do you have a restroom?”

Me: “Unfortunately, it’s out of order. Sorry.”

She looks a bit disgruntled but hurries out the door to find somewhere else that has a bathroom, which is not hard since almost every building for two blocks is a restaurant.

Customer’s Husband: *Accusatorily* “Why is the bathroom ‘out of order?'”

Me: “Because it’s not working?”

Customer’s Husband: “Well, what are customers supposed to do? Some of them want to use the bathroom!”

Me: “Sir, I would also like to use the restroom, but I can’t, either. I have to go next door, too.”

He huffs and walks out to wait for his food.

Me: *To my coworkers* “What does he think, I just put the ‘Out of Order’ sign up for fun so he couldn’t use it?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!