Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Our Great DiscrimiNation, Part 4

| Right | July 30, 2016

(It’s a very busy day, as it’s the end of Ramadan. Lots of Muslim customers are here, and as expected, they find quiet corners to do their prayers in. I’m walking inside and see a customer berating one of the men.)

Customer: “Keep your [slur] religion at home! This is a good Christian establishment they have kindly let you in!”

Me: “Sir, please stop!”

Customer: “You! Kick this d*** n***** out!”

Me: “I’m asking YOU to leave. This man has done nothing to you.”

Customer: “He’s f**** rubbing his terrorist religion in my face! He’s probably gonna blow this place up! Him and his [slur] family!”

Me: “I’m asking you one more time to leave, before I call security.”

Customer: “Yeah, call them! Kick this [slur] out and arrest him!”

(I call security. The Muslim man tries walking away, but the other customer grabs his arm and pulls him back.)

Customer: “NO, YOU DON’T! You’re gonna go detonate your f**** bomb or something! Your a** stays here where I can keep people safe!”

Me: “Sir, please do not touch him! He has done nothing to you or anyone else!”

Customer: “HE’S GONNA KILL YOU!”

(At this point, lots of people are staring and backing away. The Muslim man looks frightened, but doesn’t move. Security pushes through the crowd.)

Customer: “Thank f***** God you’re here! This [slur] was gonna blow the whole place up!”

Security: “You’re gonna have to come with me.”

Customer: “What?! Why?! He’s the one that’s gonna blow us up!”

(Security drags the screaming customer away. I turn to the other man.)

Me: “I’m very, very sorry about that! Are you all right?”

Muslim Customer: “Yes, I’m fine, thank you. And thank you for standing up for me.”

(The Muslim man had his tickets given to him for free. The customer who had attacked him was banned for life.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!