Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Our Bat-ter Angels, Part 2

| Working | February 15, 2013

(I’m at a fabric store; I do a lot of super hero costumes for charity events and conventions, so I am in this store often.)

Cashier: “Is this going to be all today?”

Me: “Yep, just needing some black and gray lycra. Getting out of here for under 30 dollars this time!”

Cashier: *all smiles* “New costume?”

Me: “Oh yeah. Going to be doing Nightrunner for a convention later this year.”

(I show her a picture of the character. The picture also has the character’s Middle Eastern name on the page. As the cashier sees this, her smile goes away and she has a frown on her face.)

Cashier: “Um… wow. Really? Why this character?”

Me: “Well, it’s something different. I’m already making Batman, and this isn’t a character you see a lot. Besides, it’ll be fun.”

Cashier: “But he’s a d***ed sandn*****.”

Me: “Okay. I’m just going to pay with my card now.”

Cashier: “Just pick something else! You don’t want to be a sandn***** in the South! I can return this fabric for you. You can make something else!” *starts to take away the fabric*

Me: “No, I’m good!”

(I grabbed my items and got right out the door before she could say anything else. I may need to find a new place to get my fabric from now on!)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!