Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ordering Fish In Troubled Waters

, , , | Working | January 27, 2014

(I’m with a group of my friends and we’re ordering pizza over the phone. We have decided on one sausage pizza, and one pizza with anchovies because some of us like them. We are all about 16. I’m the one calling.)

Worker #1: “Hello. [Pizza Place]. What can I get for you?”

Me: “Hi. I’ll have one large pizza with sausage and pepperoni, and one large pizza with anchovies.”

Worker #1: *pause* “Is this a prank call?”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Worker #1: “Don’t try and prank me you stupid kids. I know nobody orders anchovies on pizza!”

Me: “This isn’t a prank. We want a large pizza with anchovies.”

Worker #1: *hangs up*

(I call back again. The same employee picks up the phone but I repeat my order anyway.)

Worker #1: “I thought I told you not to try and prank call us!”

Me: “This isn’t a prank call. Please, just get us our pizzas.”

Worker #1: “WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU TRYING TO DO, YOU STUPID KIDS! NOBODY EATS F****** ANCHOVIES! THEY TASTE LIKE S***!”

(I hang up. At this point my friends have overheard the whole exchange and are laughing hysterically. I decide to call one more time. A different worker picks up the phone.)

Worker #2:“Hello. What can I get for you?”

Me: *repeats order*

Worker #2: “That will be [price]. It will be there in 15 minutes.”

(In the background I suddenly hear someone screaming.)

Worker #1: “WHAT THE F*** DO YOU MEAN ‘GET OUT’? NOBODY EATS F****** ANCHOVIES!”


This story is part of the Pranks roundup!

Read the next Pranks roundup story!

Read the Pranks roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!