Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How To Order A Sinking Feeling

, , , , | Right | October 4, 2017

(I work in a home improvement store. A customer is looking at a specially-made sink.)

Customer: “I want two of these!”

Me: “Okay, I can order those for you! It should take about two weeks for them to come in, but we offer free delivery.”

Customer: “No, I want them now.”

Me: “Well, these ones are specially made and hand painted at the time of order. We do not carry them in stock.”

Customer: “But I want them.”

Me: “I can get them to you in two weeks. We offer free delivery and no freight charges on the order itself.”

Customer: “No, I want them now. Give me this one.”

Me: “Ma’am, that is a display model. It belongs to the store.”

Customer: “Well, I want to buy it.”

Me: “I cannot sell you a display model. I can order the sinks for you and request a rush, but since they are handmade, it probably won’t change the time much more than two or three days.”

Customer: “This is utter B.S. I came in here to give you my money for these sinks, so give me the sinks.”

Me: “They have to be ordered. Made at the time of order. We don’t carry them in stock.”

Customer: “So, I can leave with them, right?”

Me: “In two weeks, yes.”

Customer: “So, if I come back in two weeks, you will have these?”

Me: “Does that mean you would like to order them?”

Customer: “Why do I have to order them?”

Me: “…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!