Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Order Is Falling Flat

, , | Right | August 30, 2017

(I am talking to a friend, who is telling a story about a flatbread sandwich they had recently that wasn’t so great. I go up to the counter at the fast food restaurant we’re in to order an egg and bagel sandwich.)

Cashier: “Good morning, what can I get for you?”

Me: “Good morning. Can I get a flatbread egg sandwich with a side of hash browns?”

Cashier: *thinks for a minute* “You want the egg white flatbread sandwich with hash browns?”

(I haven’t picked up on my error.)

Me: *confused* “That’s not what I said. I would like the flatbread egg sandwich. Why are you saying egg white flatbread sandwich?”

Cashier: *confused* “That’s the only flatbread egg sandwich we have on the menu.”

Me: *extremely confused* “Well, I know that’s your only flatbread sandwich, but I don’t want a flatbread sandwich.”

(At this point, my friend has been laughing the whole time and steps in.)

Friend: “Sorry, she wants a BAGEL and egg sandwich with hash browns.”

Me: “That’s what I said, right?”

Friend: “No. You kept saying ‘flatbread’.”

Me: “Really? Oh, wow, that explains why that exchange was so confusing. I’m sorry about that!”

Cashier: “All right, one BAGEL and egg sandwich with hash browns. Your total is $3.65.”

Me: *hands her $5* “Just keep the change. I think you deserve a small tip for that.”

(My friend poked fun at me a little bit more and when the cashier handed me my order, she emphasized that it was on a BAGEL.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!