Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Order Disorder

, | Working | May 16, 2013

(Note: Two friends and I are at a fast food drive-thru.)

Employee: “Order when you are ready.”

My Friend: “Six cheese burgers and three sweet teas.”

Employee: “One sweet tea and three burgers?”

My Friend: “Six cheese burgers and three sweet teas.”

Employee: “Okay, five burgers and two sweet teas.”

My Friend: “…No. Six cheese burgers and three sweet teas.”

Employee: “Seven burgers and five sweet teas.”

(My other friend gets so frustrated he just jumps out of the car and takes a walk so he doesn’t rage. My friend who is ordering repeats order and the employee finally gets it right. We drive around to pay and get our food.)

Employee: “So that was five sweet teas and seven burgers, right?”

(My friend is physically straining to not scream, but calmly and slowly repeats the order.)

My Friend: “No. It’s six cheese burgers and three sweet teas.”

(Unsurprisingly, when we finally get our food, we counted seven burgers. At that point, all we could was sit in the car laughing at the extra burger!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!