Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Or, That Politicians Lie

| Learning | June 26, 2013

(It is the first day of Political Theory class, and someone walks into the room.)

Person #1: “Hello class, welcome to Intro to Political Theory. I am your instructor—”

(At this point, another person runs into the room.)

Person #2: “Who the heck are you? I’m the instructor!”

Person #1: “No, I’m [instructor’s name].”

Person #2: “No, that’s most definitely me. Let me teach my class and get out of here. Class, help me out.”

Person #1: “No, help me out or you all fail. Because I’m the real instructor.”

Student #1: “Let’s take a vote.”

Person #2: “Does that seem fair?”

Student #2: “If you’re going to each declare yourselves to be the instructor, then I declare myself to be the instructor as well!”

Person #2: “You can’t do that! I’m the instructor.”

Person #1: “No I am.”

Person #2: “Class, what do you think?”

(This goes on for a few more minutes before they fess up to what’s happening.)

Person #1: “He’s the real instructor. I’m someone else from the department. He’ll explain what’s going on.”

Person #2: “So the first rule of political theory is to always question everything. This was to make sure you realize that. Now, here’s the syllabus.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!