Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Only Has Half A Charge

, | Working | May 12, 2014

(I just got all the way through check in on my way to wait for the plane when I realize that I don’t have my phone charger. I was using the cable in the car on my way to the airport because I use my phone as my GPS.)

Employee: “Did you find everything you were looking for?”

Me: “Yes. I’m frustrated with myself because I left my charger in my car. Now that I’m through security, I can’t go out and get it.”

Employee: “I’m sorry to hear that. Have you checked to make sure this is the charger you need?”

(Since I work with technology a lot, I’m very certain it’s the correct cord.)

Me: “Yes. I’m sure it is.”

Employee: “May I see your phone to quickly double check?”

(I hand her my phone and she opens to package, verifying the cord plugs in.)

Employee: “All right, this is definitely the correct cord. Unfortunately, since this package has been opened, I’ll have to give it to you at 50% off. Your total is [Half of the ridiculous airport price, making it actually reasonably priced].” *winks at me*

(I’m pretty stunned by this unexpected turn of events. I paid and thanked her profusely. It completely made my day. Nice airport shop employee, thank you again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!