Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Only Has Half A Brain

| Right | August 3, 2015

(I work at a store that also sells plants and flowers in the spring and summer. A customer comes to my till and brings me three packages of flowers that are always packaged in packs of twelve. I scan all three of them.)

Customer: “How much are the yellow ones?”

Me: “They are $5, ma’am.”

Customer: “But that’s the regular price for twelve of them. I only need six; that’s why I only brought half the package.”

Me: “So you broke a package of twelve in half because you only want six? Unfortunately, we only sell them in packages of twelve, so even if you only get half of it, there is only one barcode I can scan… and it comes up to 5.97.”

Customer: *sighs loudly* “BUT I ONLY NEED SIX! Get your manager out here. He needs to have a barcode you can scan for only half of these flowers. Or give me half off because I’m not buying twelve. I only need six.”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m sure they don’t have a barcode for something that is sold as a package of twelve but I’ll get someone to verify that.”

(I go to another cashier and ask, in front of the customer, if there is anything we can do for her.)

Other Cashier: “Unfortunately they are sold in packages of twelve. We can’t sell half of them to you and sell it for half price simply because you don’t need the other six.”

Customer: “This is absolutely ridiculous. I’m forced to pay for something I don’t need. Forget it, I don’t want them at all.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!