Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Only Halfway There

, , , | Right | May 25, 2018

(I am manning the self-checkouts when this woman dressed in all camo calls me over.)

Customer: “These underwear are not ringing up right! All hunting clothing was supposed to be 50% off!”

Me: “Huh, maybe it didn’t include underwear. Let me call back to the department to find out.”

(The customer scoffs at me while I go over to the phone to call back to the hunting department.)

Me: *on phone with coworker* “Hey, do you know anything about all hunting clothing being 50% off? A customer of mine says they are, I can’t find them in the ad, and her camo men’s underwear is not ringing up that way. I was curious if maybe the underwear wasn’t included?”

Coworker: “Uh. I don’t know. I’ll walk over there.” *a moment later* “Yeah, I don’t see what she’s talking about, sorry.”

Me: “Some of her other hunting clothing rang up that way, so there’s got to be some sort of sale tag.”

Coworker: “Yeah, I don’t see anything, sorry.”

Me: “Uh… okay… thanks…”

(I hang up, knowing this isn’t going to be easy since the woman was already mad at me. So, I walk back over to her.)

Me: “I’m sorry, it looks like he couldn’t find the tag you were talking about.”

Customer: “SO. You’re saying that I have to walk over and take a picture of it myself for you?! IF I do, then you better fix it for me!”

(She leaves for about five minutes and comes back waving her phone at me.)

Customer: “HERE’S YOUR PICTURE.”

(I try reading it but the picture is so blurry that any information on the tag is illegible.)

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I cannot read the print on the tag. Any information as to what’s not included would be there, but the picture, unfortunately, is too blurry for me to read.”

Customer: “UGH. This is just a waste of my time! I need to be somewhere! You should just call a manager over and have them fix this! It would be much faster!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I would still have to find out what’s going on before I get a manager involved. They wouldn’t know, either, unless we call the department. I’ll call him back and try again.”

Customer: “This is a waste of time!”

(I quickly go back to my phone to call my coworker back and see if he can find it again.)

Me: “Hey again, so she took a picture of the tag, and it’s illegible due to blurriness. It’s [brand] of clothing.”

Coworker: “Oh, okay. Let me look. Oh. Well, the tag doesn’t say anything against underwear not being included. But, the underwear doesn’t have the 50% off tag on it. Just give it to her, though.”

(I quickly access her computer from mine and change the price.)

Me: *to customer* “He said he wasn’t sure why it wasn’t working, so he said just to give it to you.”

Customer: “WAS THAT SO HARD?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!