Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Only Credited With Confusion

| Right | August 3, 2016

(I am called over by an employee handling an order. The customer has already returned two items because the were the wrong color. We only had one item in the correct color in stock, so we are ordering the second item from another store. Apparently, my employee and the customer have been discussing the order for a while and the customer has convinced my employee that the item we are ordering should be free.)

Me: “Ma’am, we’ve already returned this item to your card, and we will only be giving you this new item at the same price. So you aren’t really paying for another one; it’s just an extended exchange.”

Customer: “I don’t understand why I have to pay for it again. I bought these in [Other City] and now I just want to get the other color.”

Me: *thinking she might not have been paying very close attention* “We have to charge you for this new one because you’ve been given a credit on your [Store] card for the one that was the wrong color. When they ship it, they will charge you the same amount and you won’t owe anything.”

Customer: “No, I already paid for it. I paid for it in [Other City].”

Me: “Yes, and you returned it here. See, you have a credit on your account.”

Customer: “Ugh, I just wish I had the others back. I could just drive to [Other Store which is three hours away], and get the right colors there.”

Me: “Certainly, ma’am. Just a moment.”

(I immediately voided the return of her items and the sale of the new one, gave her the old receipt and one that proved her items had not been returned, and sent her on her way. She looked happy, if not a little confused on her way out.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!