Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Window Closes, Another One Opens

| Working | May 4, 2016

(I work for a major call center.I get a rather amusing phone call.)

Caller: “Hello, to whom am I speaking?”

Me: “How can I help you?”

Caller: “I’m calling from Windows technical support. We’ve been alerted to some problems on your computer, which for a low fee we can fix. You’ll just need to give me access to your computer and I can walk you through what we need.”

Me: “Really? Oh, lord… Uh, what kind of problem?”

Caller: “Well, I can’t really talk about it over the phone. It’s, you know… sensitive.”

Me: “But couldn’t I fix the problem myself? I mean, I know a good bit about computers.”

Caller: “You could try, but we’re showing you’ve probably downloaded something you shouldn’t have. Like I said, just give me the information and I can access your computer.”

Me: “I don’t know. You sound like a scammer to me. I don’t know if I should trust you.”

Caller: “It’s not a scam. I’m calling from Windows technical support. What makes you think it’s a scam?”

Me: “Other than the fact that you called Windows Technical Support, and are speaking with a licensed Windows Tech, trying to tell him something is wrong with his computer that he knows isn’t possible?”

Caller: “You’re Windows Technical Support?”

Me: “Yes.”

Caller: *sheepish* “Well, that was stupid. I should hang up now shouldn’t I?”

Me: “That’d be my best guess.”

Caller: “Uh, sorry. I won’t bother you again.” *hangs up*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!