Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Steps Forward, Two Step Back To The Car

, , , , | Right | July 11, 2012

(I’m a customer in a well-known chain grocery store and I’m in the express lane behind two other customers. One of the customers is loading a bunch of deli takeout into the checkout while gabbing away on her cellphone.)

Cashier: *rings her up* “Alright, ma’am, that will be [total].”

Customer #1: “Oh, hold on…” *to the cashier* “What did you say?”

Cashier: “Your total’s [total].”

Customer #1: “What?! But I only got this much!” *shows a small wad of cash*

Cashier: “Do you want to put anything back?”

Customer #1: “Oh, h*** no. I got kids to feed!” *back on her phone* “Hold on, girl. I gotta go get my purse out of my car and get more cash out.”

(She flings her cart in the general area of where the carts are stacked and walks out to go get her purse. The cashier voids the transaction, sets the items aside, and starts ringing up the second customer.)

Customer #2: “I can’t stand when people do that. It’s so rude and inconvenient!”

Cashier: *laughing* “Yeah, it happens… alright, your total is [total].”

Customer #2: *searches her pockets* “Oh, dear.”

Cashier: “Forgot your purse in your car too?”

Customer #2: *sheepishly* “Yes…” *slinks away*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!