Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Just Shipped Each Other

| Romantic | March 11, 2014

(My fiancée and I are very avid collectors of plush toys, mostly those from video games. Right now, I have two plushies hanging from my window by suction cups. They are two female characters from the same game that I happen to romantically ‘ship,’ which is when you take two characters from fiction and put them together in a relationship. After having a romantic moment with my fiancée, I get up out of bed.)

Me: “I just need to go to the bathroom. Hold on.”

(I go into the bathroom and I hear my fiancée open the curtains. When I come back in, she’s standing in front of the window.)

Fiancée: *chuckles* “Whilst you were out, [Character #1] fell off the window.”

(This surprises me a little as it’s normally [Character #2] who’s falling off of the window.)

Me: “[Character #2] kept falling off last time… Maybe they’re pushing each other off and [Character #2] finally got her own back.”

Fiancée: “… or they were just interested by what we were just doing and are trying to get onto the bed.”

Me: *starts laughing* “Wait. What?”

Fiancée: “Oh come on. If you ship these two then I’m going to provoke the shipping, too!”

Me: “You continue to remind me every day why I’m marrying you and I love it.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!