Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Scamwich, Coming Right Up, Part 2

, , , | Right | October 31, 2010

(I’m supervising on a Sunday afternoon, our slowest day of the week. We’ve only been open a couple of hours and have only made maybe four or five sandwiches. A customer calls in with a complaint.)

Caller: “Excuse me, I ordered a sandwich from you this morning and it is just terrible! You toasted it too much and it just fell apart when I bit into it!”

Me: “Well, that’s odd, sir. If a sandwich was toasted too long it would normally burn long before it would dry out like that. What did you order?”

Caller: “Chicken.”

Me: “I can’t find your order in the system. Could you tell me what time you were here?”

Caller: “This morning sometime.”

Me: “We weren’t open this morning, sir. We open at noon on Sundays.”

Caller: “Well, maybe it was afternoon, then.”

Me: “Okay, well, I’ve been here all day and I don’t recall serving a chicken sandwich to a gentleman today.”

Caller: “It was my wife who came in.”

Me: “I’m looking through today’s orders on the computer, and I haven’t served any chicken sandwiches today. Are you sure you came to this location?”

Caller: “Yes. And it was last night. I talked to the manager and he said you’d give me a free sandwich today.”

Me: “I was the manager last night, too, sir.”

Caller: “You’re not going to give me a free sandwich, are you?”

Me: “No, sir. I’m not.”

Caller: “Okay, then.” *hangs up*


This story is part of our Scammer roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to see the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!