Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Large Popcorn, Extra Salty

| Right | October 15, 2014

(I am working the concessions counter for the evening. It’s been a hectic shift when two customers in their 20s approach me.)

Me: “How can I help today?”

Male Customer: “Hey, yeah, can we get a large popcorn and a small popcorn? And uh, can you do us a favour? This is going to sound really weird…”

Me: “Go for it!”

Male Customer: “Well, uh. My friend and I have been playing jokes on each other for a while, and I was wondering if you could help out?”

Me: “Uh… yeah, sure.”

Male Customer: “Great! Could you uh, put this in the small popcorn and cover it with the popcorn so my friend cant see it?”

(The female customer pulls out a rather large adult toy from her handbag and hands it to me as discreetly as possible – at this point I couldn’t help but laugh or deal with the customer by myself.)

Me: “Hey, uh, [Coworker], do you think this will fit in a small popcorn bag?”

(My coworker walks over looking mortified.)

Coworker: “If you want to successfully hide that, I would really suggest a large popcorn.”

Male Customer: “Okay! Change the small to a large please!”

(I took the object behind the counter so no one could see and filled up the bag as requested and processed their order.)

Woman Customer: “I’m really sorry. They’ve been doing this for a while now.”

Me: *still laughing at this point* “No, no, it’s okay. This is probably the best thing to happen whilst working here. I hope it turns out all right!”

(After they left my coworker and I had to take a moment to stop laughing and then we had to tell other coworkers and supervisors about it. To this day, I still don’t know if it was against policy or if a manager saw, but those two customers made that shift so much better!)


Did you find this story using our Movie Theater Concessions roundup?

Click here to get to the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!