Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Large Pizza With Extra Red Flags

, , , , , , | Right | CREDIT: starshine913 | March 23, 2023

I was hired at [Pizza Place] as a delivery driver when I was only nineteen. I was the first female driver to be hired at this particular location because our franchisee was worried for our safety even though we are in a nice neighborhood. I understood, though, and always made sure not to let him regret hiring me as a driver. I actually never had any problems. Of course, I had comments from customers about being a female and getting an “extra tip if I wanted, wink wink” but it wasn’t bad.

About a year and a half into my job, my general manager and I both transferred to a busier store in our franchise. This particular store delivered right to our corporate HQ. There was a call center for a while, and after a certain time, the doors to the building would lock and you needed key card access, so when delivering, we always had to call or text the customer to let them know we were there. One guy, in all my eleven years of working, there has only been this ONE GUY who acted like this, and I couldn’t believe it!

After dropping off this customer’s pizza and returning to the store, he texted me.

Customer: “You are really cute. We should hang out soon.”

I wanted to be nice, and he was HOT!

Me: “Yeah, sure.”

Not long after that, my manager directed me to look at our make line screen, where customer feedback scrolled across.

Customer Feedback: “[My Name] was so great! Professional and nice! Please send her every time!”

Then, the customer continued to text me.

Customer: “Can you hang out tonight? I just need to wait until my girlfriend puts our kid to sleep and then I can go.”

Me: “You have a girlfriend? And a kid?! Sorry… I cannot hang out tonight.”

Customer: “I get what I want. Always. No matter what.”

I ignored the rest of his messages after that and showed them to my manager the next day.

Later that night, the customer ordered again and we sent a different driver. The customer feedback after that read:

Customer Feedback: “I told you to send [My Name]. You need to send her or I will be sending my food back next time.”

Again, two nights later:

Customer Feedback: “I’m reporting you to all! Send [My Name] NOW! Or else!”

He showed up to the store, and the employees helped cover for me as I hid in the back, butI was legitimately scared!

Luckily, he’s a dumba**! He works at corporate and they record EVERYTHING! They can see all customer feedback. He was fired immediately after my manager reported him.

I didn’t know how to block numbers at this point in time, so he blew my phone up. I was horrible for getting him fired. What about his kid? Could we still go on a date? He was gonna beat me up, he was sorry, he hated me, I was cute?!

He eventually left me alone, but it was insane!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!