Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Ink To Rule Them All, Part 2

, , , , | Right | August 14, 2018

(I work at a well-known office supply and electronics store. A customer calls the store to complain about a product she has purchased.)

Customer: “I’d like to make a complaint against the store.”

Me: “Okay. What happened?”

Customer: “Your employees are idiots and gave me the wrong ink for my printer, and now I have to drive all the way back to the store. I’d like to be credited for the time that I’ve lost, as well as for the ink cartridge.”

Me: “I’m sorry about the service you received;we try our best. What ink cartridge did you ask them for?”

Customer: “I told him it was an [Extremely Popular Brand].”

Me: “Did you give them a printer model number or an ink cartridge number?”

Customer: “I am a busy person and don’t have time to find that kind of information. You guys are supposed to know what I need!”

Me: “There are thousands of printers and cartridges. We can’t possibly know what you need without a printer model or ink cartridge number”

Customer: “Well, then, why did he sell me this ink cartridge? Is that how you train your employees? You have them sell things to people even when it’s not going to work”

Me: “You said the box looked the same and you were going to try it.” *click*

Related:
One Ink To Rule Them All

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!