Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Good Store Deserves Another

| Right | September 14, 2013

(I’m stationed at the front register, and so most phone calls and customer questions go through me. An hour into my shift, the phone rings.)

Me: “Thank you for calling Walgreens at [intersection]. How may I help you?”

Caller: “What’s the address for the nearest CVS?”

Me: “Ma’am, you’re calling Walgreens.”

Caller: *irately* “Yes, and I want you to tell me where CVS is!”

Me: “Well, I’m at [intersection], and there’s one right across the street, if that help—”

Caller: *hangs up*

(The incident is a little odd, but new customers come through my line almost immediately, and I forget about it. Three hours later, a customer comes in and heads straight for my register.)

Customer: “What are the hours for the CVS pharmacy?”

Me: “I’m not sure, ma’am. You’re actually in Walgreens.”

Customer: *irately* “Yes, and I want to know the hours for CVS!”

(At this point, I realize that this is the same customer I’d spoken to on the phone.)

Me: “I don’t have any idea. We aren’t actually affiliated with CVS, but—”

Customer: “GOD, you don’t have to be so rude to me! I’ll call your manager!” *storms out*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!