Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Good Deed Deserve A Blogger

| Right | February 12, 2013

Customer: “Hi, I was just in to get my vacuum tuned up a couple months prior. However, my roller brush stopped working.”

(I confirm it’s been less than three months, and upon inspection of the vacuum realize it’s likely a production error. Business is slow, so I fix her vacuum on the spot, all the while joking with her and her daughter. Here’s what happens after I finish.)

Customer: “What do I owe you?”

Me: “Nothing. It was a bad part, so it’s on me.”

Customer: “But I have to pay something! I thought you were going to stick it in back and call me next week!”

Me: “Ma’am, it’s cool. It was a bad part issue, so I’m happy to make it right. Tell you what: tell your friends I was nice to you and we’ll call it even. I can just see it now: ‘Yeah, the guy at the Roseville store was super nice to me! He’s a total muppet, but he’s really good at his job!.'”

Customer: “I’ll do you better than that. I have a blog that I write and people pay $200 to advertise on it.” *she takes my business card* “Is this you?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, it is.”

Customer: “Okay, go to this blog in a couple days. I’m going to write all about how [my name] the muppet took care of me and how everyone in town needs to come see you.”

Me: “That’d be great. You ladies have a great rest of your weekend.”

(A couple days later, I check the blog. There’s a lengthy write up explaining how I personally am one of the main reasons our brand is better than our next major competitor. Our store location is mentioned as is my name. She even included a picture of one of the muppets and darned if he doesn’t look like me! The best part? Home office got wind of it and the CEO emailed my District Manager asking that she please tell me how proud he is of me.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!