Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Draw Closes, Another One Opens

, , , , , | Working | December 20, 2017

(I have just finished paying and am waiting on my change. The cashier closes the register, though, and says goodbye.)

Me: “My change?”

Cashier: “What?”

Me: “My change. You haven’t given it to me.”

Cashier: “Oops, sorry about that.”

(She doesn’t do anything.)

Me: “Could you give it to me, then, please?”

Cashier: “No, that’s not my problem.”

Me: “I think it is. You haven’t given me my money back. If you aren’t willing to fix it, could you call someone over?”

Cashier: “I can call my manager, but he will just tell you the same.”

(She calls him over and explains. The manager face-palms, opens the drawer, and gives me my change.)

Cashier: *blushing* “But you said when the drawer was closed it wasn’t my problem anymore!”

Manager: “No, I said it isn’t a problem if you need to open the drawer. You can either ask me or a head cashier.” *to me* “I am so sorry about this, miss. She’s new. Ha, the youth of today, eh?”

(I mock-laughed with him while giving a cashier a sympathetic look, and saying it really wasn’t that big of a deal. Honestly, though, I looked younger than her, so either she wasn’t too bright or she genuinely misunderstood. Either way, further instruction would have fixed the problem rather than humiliating her.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!