Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Crazy Cravings Deal With A Heap Of Extra Weird

, , , , , | Right | May 31, 2022

I used to work at a pizzeria. We had a very sweet regular come in all the time to the point we would just call to the back, “Hey, I need a Hawaiian and taco chips!” when she came in.

She fell pregnant and after a few months started getting cravings. Some cravings were normal orders, like extra jalapeños or garlic sauce for dipping. Once, she paid to have four times the normal amount of chicken. Some were unusual but not the craziest thing we’ve had. For example, she wanted a pepperoni pizza and a side of chocolate and vanilla sauce.

She was lovely to deal with, and she never caused any trouble; she just had pregnancy cravings and she felt better after eating (I hope). But she did have one day where she was more than a bit hormonal and knew what she wanted.

Picture this: she was waiting outside, freezing cold, and near in tears. We opened up and she burst inside and basically cry-screamed that she was starving and that she just wanted her pizza and didn’t care about cost.

She orders the most unusual custom pizza we have ever made.

  • An extra-large pizza with:
  • Barbecue sauce and tomato sauce mixed as a base. (We didn’t make this, but we just put one layer of barbecue and another of tomato sauce on top.)
  • Six times extra cheese (Yes, we put that much on top.)
  • Chips/fries on top
  • Taco mince
  • Jalapeños
  • Pineapple
  • Once this was cooked, she wanted it covered in vanilla sauce, frozen profiteroles, and salt.
  • When it came to the salt we were told, “Just put a whole bottle on it.”

We did what she asked and she took the pizza and waddled home, humming (and I remember this vividly) “The Circle of Life” by Elton John.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!