Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Cent: The Cost Of Her Child’s Life

, , , | Right | October 2, 2020

I work in a well-known toy store. When a toy is rung up as one cent at the checkout, this indicates that it is dangerous and must be removed from sale.

Me: “Hello! You found what you were looking for?”

Customer: “It’s been one hour. I’m here to find a baby shower gift, but I finally found it!”

She throws a card, a gift bag, and a baby toy on the counter. I ring the items but the baby toy is coming up as one cent.

Me: “Oh, sorry to tell you this, but I cannot sell you this toy.”

Customer: “What? And why not?”

Me: “It indicates that it should not be sold for several reasons.”

Customer: “I do not care what your reasons are! I’ve been here for one hour; I want this toy!”

Me: “I’m sorry, madam, I cannot sell it to you—”

Customer: “I want to see a manager immediately!”

I call the manager and explain the situation. He comes right away.

Manager: “Hello, madam, what’s the problem?”

Customer: “I have been here for an hour and I want this toy! Sell it to me!”

Manager: “Sorry, ma’am, but it is the policy of the company. This toy could be dangerous for the child.”

Customer: “I DON’T CARE FOR YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS! I want this toy NOW!”

Manager: “If I understand, ma’am, you tell me that you really want this toy at the expense of the health of a child?”

She didn’t say anything else and left the shop without buying anything.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!