Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Caesar Salad, Hold The History Lecture

, , , | Related | June 13, 2021

My husband has a hard time answering simple “yes or no” questions, often feeling the need to give a grand explanation to his answer, and I have pointed this out to him many times out of frustration. I’m pregnant and getting random aversions or sensitivities to different smells and foods. For the last couple days, I’ve been really sensitive to seafood smells.

We both order Caesar salads before our meals, and while I do order this salad often, I’ve never known what ingredients are actually used to make it other than dressing, cheese, croutons, and the actual salad itself. Today, I notice a particular smell in the sauce that I have never noticed before.

Me: “Oh, wow. Is Caesar salad made with some type of fish in the sauce? I never noticed before.”

Husband: “The traditional Caesar salad was actually made way back in [date I can’t remember] and a true Caesar salad has ingredients like [list of ingredients I can’t remember]. Nowadays, small restaurants only have the basic ingredients like garlic, citrus, anchovies—”

Me: “Anchovies?”

Husband: “Yes, and—”

Me: “So, yes, then.”

Husband: “What?”

Me: “Yes, there is fish in this.”

He pauses.

Husband: “Yes.”

Me: “That’s what I asked. Thank you.”

He silently pouted as he finished his salad.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!