Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Brain For The IQ Of None

, , , , | Right | July 28, 2010

Customer: “This sticker says three-for-two. What does that mean?”

Me: “It means that if you choose three books with that sticker on, the cheapest will be free. You get three books for the price of two.”

Customer: “But what if I only want two books?”

Me: “You don’t have to have to take a third book. You can just buy those two on their own. But you could get a free book to go with them; any book in the shop with that sticker on.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous, I don’t want 3 for 2. Why are you trying to make people read books they don’t want?”

Me: “I can just sell you those two on their own. You don’t have to make use of the deal.”

Customer: “But it says three-for-two, so I’d be missing out on a book.”

Me: “Well, you can choose a third book in the deal. Then you’ll get one for free.”

Customer: “But I only want these two!”

Me: “Okay. Shall I put those two through the till for you?”

Customer: “Are you trying to rip me off? I want my free book.”

Me: *pause* “Would it help if I took the stickers off the covers? Then they would just look like normal books.”

Customer: “Right! Yes! They shouldn’t be three-for-two, anyway! They’re really good!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!