Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

On The Red Eye For The Red Nose

, , , , , | Right | December 25, 2010

(It is Christmas Eve and I am stewarding an overnight flight. A mother is traveling with her two young children, both of whom are crowding around the window.)

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am, but your children will both have to take their seats shortly.”

Mother: “Oh, it’s okay. They’re just keeping an eye out for Santa.”

Me: “Oh, how lovely!”

Mother: “Are they looking out the right side of the plane?”

Me: *playing along* “They might get lucky if they keep an eye out, but since we’re about to serve the evening meal, they will need to take their seats.”

Mother: *totally serious* “No! They might miss Santa!”

Me: “Uh… well, ma’am, I think you’ll be all right for the moment.”

Mother: “But we can’t miss Santa! I want them to see the reindeer!”

Me: “All right, but if they want to eat their meal they will need to sit in their seats.”

(I walk roughly two rows down the aisle when another passenger grabs my attention.)

Passenger: “I don’t care how crazy that mother is; don’t tell them the truth! It’s the only thing that’s been keeping those brats quiet all night!”


This story is part of the Christmas Eve roundup!

Read the next Christmas Eve roundup story!

Read the Christmas Eve roundup!


This story is part of our Terrible Airline Passengers roundup!

Read the next Terrible Airline Passengers roundup story!

Read the Terrible Airline Passengers roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!