Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

On The Need For Hazard Pay, Part 4

, | Right | May 26, 2013

(It is late at night. I’m doing headset on all drive-thru lanes, and handling money by myself. I am talking to a customer at the window.)

Me: “Hello! Your total is $[total] tonight.”

(I take the money, and another car pulls up. I greet them while I count change.)

Me: “Good evening! Order when you are ready.”

(I turn back to the window.)

Me: “Here is your change, sir. Have a great night!”

Customer: “Why are you talking to yourself? Are you slow or something? I don’t want your kind handling my money!”

Me: “Uh… I was just greeting the customer who pulled up to the speaker.”

(As we are talking, I am typing in the next customer’s order.)

Customer: “I’m the only one here! What are you doing now? Hey! Answer me!”

(I am now ignoring the guy yelling at me through the closed window.)

Me: “Your total will be $[total] at your first window, ma’am. Please pull forward.”

Customer: *banging on the window* “You can’t ignore me! I’m a paying customer! Open the window!”

(I yell through the window.)

Me: “Please pull forward, sir! You are blocking the next customer.”

Customer: *suddenly very calm* “Okay, I’m sorry. But could I get another copy of my receipt? I dropped the one you gave me.”

(I oblige and print him a new receipt. When I open the window he suddenly grabs my arm and tries to pull me out of the window. My screaming alerts my manager, who pulls me back inside, and locks the window shut while the customer speeds off with their food.)

Manager: “What the h*** was all that about?! He nearly kidnapped you!”

(I don’t work nights anymore…)


This story is part of the second Drive-Thru roundup!

Read the next second Drive-Thru roundup story!

Read the second Drive-Thru roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!