Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

On Sale: Humble Pie

, , , , , | Right | February 5, 2010

Me: “Hello, how are you today? I see you have picked out a lot of our sale items today.”

Customer: “Yes, I did! I think these sales are great!”

(I smile as I continue ringing in her items.)

Customer: “Um, this cereal is $1.99, not $2.99.”

Me: “It says right here that this cereal is $2.99. You must just be mistaken with another brand. It can get pretty confusing sometimes.”

Customer: “No, that cereal is $1.99! You’re wrong! I know it is; I saw it like that on the shelf!”

Me: “My apologies, the sign must be for another product. I will call someone to go check–”

Customer: “No! The sign said that this cereal is 1.99! I will go and get it myself for you, then!”

Me: “It’s all right. I can just get one of our employees to go and check that for you. There is no need–”

Customer: “I WILL SHOW YOU I AM RIGHT!”

(The customer storms away, leaving me at the speedy checkout with a line of ten people. She soon returns looking flustered.)

Customer: “Debit, please.”


This story is part of the Very Wrong Customers roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

13 Hilarious Stories About Customers Who Dialed The Wrongest Number Ever

 

Read the next Very Wrong Customers roundup story!

Read the Very Wrong Customers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!