Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Old Money Meets Customer Service  

, , , , | Right | October 21, 2019

(I work in a cosmetics store. I’m currently helping a client, as is my coworker, when a sixty-something-year-old woman comes in with her granddaughter.)

Customer: “Hey, can I use my store card in here?”

Me: “Yes, absolutely.”

Customer: *hangs around like she needs something*

Me: “I’ll be with you in just a moment, ma’am. I can answer more questions as soon as I’m done with [Client].” 

Customer: “Hmph.”

Me: “Feel free to look around in the meantime!”

(I finish with the client and help the customer and her granddaughter. By the time I’m done helping them, no more than twenty minutes have passed since she came in.)

Customer: “I’m going to help you improve your sales. Who spends the money here?!”

Me: “…”

Customer: “I do! I’m sixty-three, so I’ve accumulated wealth over my years! Not these young little things you were helping! So, what you should do is let them know you’ll be with them later after you help me! Otherwise, I don’t feel like a valued customer since I’m the one spending more money!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m very sorry, but we try to serve our clients in the order came in so that it’s fair to everyone.”

Customer: “But I have more money!”

Me: *rings up her purchases and lets her know her total*

Customer: “You must not have a good relationship with your grandmother!”

Me: *trying not to cry* “Actually, my grandmother recently passed.”

Customer: “Clearly you didn’t have a good relationship with her since you don’t know how to serve the elderly! So, next time, if I come in again after this, I’m going to seek you out specifically, and you’re going to help me find exactly what I’m looking for. I’m going to be your top priority! I need to know you’ve changed your ways!”

Me: “All right, ma’am. Have a nice day.”

Customer: “Remember, I spend the money!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!