Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Oh-Sew Pushy

| Working | December 5, 2012

(I enjoy sewing as a hobby, and I’ve decided it might be time to replace my default machine with a newer model. I also collect vintage machines and tear them down and fix them, in addition to being a network engineer and systems admin for my paycheck.)

Clerk: “So, what do you want?”

Me: “Well, I wanted to see what mechanical machines you had and try them out. I really only use 4-5 stitches but I need something a little heavier duty than I am using right now.”

Clerk: “Let me show you our top of the line computerized machine.”

Me: “Um, no. I don’t want a computerized machine. I want a mechanical one.”

Clerk: “Oh, trust me, once you sew on this you’ll fall in love with it!”

Me: “Uh, no I won’t. I want a mechanical machine, I do not want a computerized one.”

Clerk: “You really need to get over your fear of technology!”

(This went on for about 30 minutes before she wandered off when it became evident I wouldn’t buy a $6,000+ dollar sewing machine. I ended up emailing the owner of the shop because of how poorly I was treated and it turns out this was a habit of hers. She was fired; I was offered a gift and the owner’s attention picking out a machine.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!