Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Oh, Mary Jane

, | Right | January 17, 2008

(I swear this lady was high as a kite… She had this crazed-out look and talked in this very airy voice. She comes up to register with a large pile of towels and turns to the lady checking out beside her.)

Customer: “Wow! I love your purse! It would go with my shiny blue shoes, and my black jacket, and those cute Capri pants in my closet!”

Other Customer: “Uh… thanks?”

Customer: *turns to me* “You know, I have to keep changing the bathroom colors. I like the spring colors, but you know, Angel keeps peeling the paint off of the wall behind the toilet so I keep telling her Uncle Rico is going to have to repaint the bathroom if she keeps doing that…”

Me: “Okay… well, I hope you enjoy your towels.” *hands her the receipt* “Thank you and have a nice day.”

Customer: *eyes grow wide as she sprawls the receipt out* “WOW! This receipt is so… LONG! It’s so… BIG! And there are so many ITEMS on it!”

(She continued to stand at my register fawning over the length of the receipt for a good five minutes before she left.)


This story is part of the Peculiar Customers roundup!

Read the next Peculiar Customers roundup story!

Read the Peculiar Customers roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!