Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Oh, Brother…

| Learning | January 21, 2015

(My five-year-old son has just started kindergarten. Because he was a preemie and is tiny for his age he is somewhat spoiled. The phone rings on his first day of class and I have been expecting a call related to him not sharing. This is the conversation with his teacher:)

Me: “Hello?”

Teacher: “May I speak to Mrs. [My Name]?”

Me: “This is she.”

Teacher: “Mrs. [My Name], you need to talk to your son!”

Me: “About…?”

Teacher: “His words!”

Me: *thinking he said something rude* “Okay, what did he say?”

Teacher: “He said SIBLING!”

Me: “I’m sorry, what did you say he said?”

Teacher: “He said the word ‘sibling’ and he cannot POSSIBLY know what that means!”

Me: “Why don’t you go ASK him if he knows what it means?”

Teacher: “No! You need to talk to him!”

Me: “No, I don’t think so. I think you need to go back to the classroom and ask my son what the word ‘sibling’ means.”

Teacher: “Well, even if he does, the other kids don’t and it is rude!”

Me: “If you think the word sibling is rude, perhaps you should re-evaluate your career options!”

(For the record, my son not only knew what it meant, but a whole lot of other words that she found to be unacceptable in a five-year-old!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!