Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Office Gangnam Style

| Working | October 9, 2012

(I’m in the staff cafe having my lunch in a corner while some staff members from the cosmetics department have the TV set to the music channels. To my delight, “Gangnam Style” suddenly comes on, a real delight to a fan like me who is used to only hearing K-pop on their mp3 player.)

Staff Member #1: “Oh my god, have you seen this video? It’s hilarious.”

Staff Member #2: “It’s so weird. Who listens to stuff like this?”

Staff Member #3: “It’s Portuguese isn’t it?”

(I can’t actually contain myself any more and speak up.)

Me: “It’s Korean.”

Staff Member #3: “Oh yeah, I knew it was something like that.”

Staff Member #1: “I like it! It’s funny.”

Me: “It’s the highest ever grossing Korean song in the West and the artist is called Psy. He did the song as a parody of the Gangnam district in Seoul, Korea.”

(They all stare at me as if I’m speaking a foreign language.)

Me: “Yeah, I’m a giant geek.”

(They continued to stare at me for a good five minutes, well after the song had finished!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!