Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

“Off The Clock” Means OFF. THE. CLOCK.

, , , | Right | CREDIT: missdundermifflin | November 27, 2021

I work at a fast food restaurant. I had just clocked off and was getting myself a milkshake and waiting for it. As a coworker left, they reminded me that I’d left my water bottle in the back, so I went back to get it. Then, a customer saw me coming out of the back.

Customer: “My kid spilled their shake and I need a big rag!”

Me: “Oh, ma’am, I’m actually off the clock, so I can’t help you, but my coworker can!”

I gestured to my on-the-clock coworker, who nodded and gave the customer a thumbs-up.

Customer: “No, you need to help me now.”

My severe social anxiety kicked in full force.

Me: “Uh, okay.”

I turned and went to the back to hang out until she was gone. Two minutes later, I peeked around the corner to see if the lady was still there so I could grab my milkshake and go. She saw me.

Customer: “HEY, YOU!”

I returned to the back, waited a few minutes, and then peeked around the corner again to see the lady going out the door. I grabbed my milkshake and went out the back door.

As I was driving away, I saw the woman in the parking lot. She just looked at me, completely shocked.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!