Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Unhealthy Attitude Towards Healthy Attitudes

| Working | February 18, 2016

(I am a pretty healthy person. I love veggies and fruit, which is what my cart is full of, as well as nuts, chicken, and other assorted food.)

Cashier: “You don’t have any fun food!”

Me: “What? Oh, I love this. It tastes great.

Cashier: “No, no, you need a pizza or something! The only kinda fun thing on here are the chips, but you got the organic ones!”

Me: “Those ones are made with flax seed. It gives them a different flavor that I really like. They taste great with hummus!”

Cashier: “Why don’t you run and get a pizza or ice cream?”

Me: “I don’t want to. This is the sort of food I like.”

Cashier: “Are you anorexic?”

Me: “Excuse me?!” *I am 5’4 and 115 pounds, which is slim, but definitely not anorexic looking*

Cashier: “Well, this seems like the sort of food an anorexic would get. Are you trying to starve yourself? You are already pretty tiny. You should probably get some real food so you don’t disappear.”

Me: “Wow. Do you know that is pretty rude to say?”

Cashier: “Hey! I am not being rude!

Me: “Okay, then. Can you just ring me up now?”

Cashier: “Can you at least grab a candy bar?”

Me: “Seriously?”

Cashier: “What? I am trying to look out for your health!”

Me: “Everything on this entire belt is healthy. Everything you mentioned is not healthy.”

Cashier: “But it’s good for your soul!”

Me: “So eating food that I am not fond of is supposed to make me happier than eating food I actually like?”

Cashier: “Yes!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!