Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Of Low Prices And Lower Expectations

, , , | Right | December 27, 2011

(Every item in our store is one dollar.)

Customer: “Excuse me, I need help with your Christmas ties. I can’t get them to work.”

(The ties in question play music when you press the button.)

Me: “Of course, ma’am. All you have to do is press the button firmly and hold for two seconds. The button isn’t super sensitive to light presses to avoid the music playing from an accidental press.”

(I show the customer the difference between lightly pushing and intentionally pushing the button.)

Customer: *lightly pushes the button* “See, these don’t work!”

Me: “Ma’am, just press and hold the button for two seconds.”

(I demonstrate again in case she hadn’t seen it the first time.)

Customer: *pushes button several times very quickly* “You must be lying to me. It still doesn’t work!”

Me: “Ma’am, all you have to do is push the button once and hold it for two seconds.”

Customer: *pushes and holds button* “Finally! These aren’t very good quality, are they?!”

(Another customer who has been listening from the next aisle speaks up.)

Customer #2: “Ugh, lady, you’re in a dollar store! It’s a Christmas tie. You press the button for two seconds and it plays music. It costs a dollar. What more do you want?!”


This story is part of the Unrealistic-Expectations roundup!

Read the next Unrealistic-Expectations roundup story!

Read the Unrealistic-Expectations roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!