Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Obviously, She Needs Food For Thought

, , , , | Right | July 26, 2011

(A truck flips over down the street and takes out a power line, knocking out the power to our restaurant. We are all getting ready to start cleaning up and calling it an early day until a customer walks in. Note that all the lights are off.)

Customer: “I tried calling to place an order and you guys didn’t answer the phone!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. Our power is out, so our phones don’t work.”

Customer: “Well, that’s okay. Can I just order a chicken lori dinner?”

Me: “Well, I’m afraid that’s not possible at the moment. We have no electricity in the kitchen and there aren’t any windows back there. Plus, our ovens and grilles have electric starters.”

Customer: “You guys are open though, correct?”

Me: “Only for a little while longer while we clean up.”

Customer: “Well, then, can you at least make me a pizza?”

Me: “I don’t think you really understand. We lost power. We can’t cook anything right now.”

Customer: “Ugh, what kind of pizza place is this? Can I at least have one of the slices on the counter?”

Me: “Sure, we can do that.”

(I pick her slices out and start putting them in a box.)

Customer: “You aren’t even going to heat them up or anything?”

Me: “Ma’am, I honestly don’t know how much clearer I can make this. The power is out. Anything that uses electricity is currently not working. Our stoves cannot be started.”

Customer: “Fine! Forget it. I’m never coming back here again. You people are useless!”


This story is part of the Customers-Not-Quite-Getting-It roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!