Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Nursing Through The Generations

, , , | Working | September 6, 2017

(I am a sixteen-year-old girl, working part-time in a doctor’s office as a file clerk. This doctor has been practicing medicine for a very long time and in a multitude of different fields; he’s worked in the ER, on the hospital floors, and in the family practice I work in now. My mother and grandmother also worked at the same hospital at some point in time. One day, I pass out at work, and since the doctor thinks I shouldn’t drive, my coworkers call my parents to pick me up.)

Coworker: “Doctor, [My Name]’s mom and grandma are here. They were out shopping when we called them.”

Doctor: “Send them in, please. I’d like to go over her vitals with them before we send her to the emergency room.”

(My mom and grandma come in, and the doctor does a double take.)

Doctor: “[Mom]? [Grandma], MY FLOOR NURSE?”

(And that’s how he found out that my grandmother, my mother, and I all worked for him at different times! He never put it together because they have different surnames now than when they worked for him. At least he felt better leaving me in the hands of one of his former nurses!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!