Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Now We Know Why He Was So Sweet

, , , | Right | July 27, 2020

It’s evening, about an hour before close.

Customer: “Hey, guys, you’re gonna hate me. I’m sorry, you’re gonna hate me. But can I ask something?”

Me: “Go ahead.”

Customer: “Do you have any decaf left?”

Me: “Oh, I actually just brewed a pot about five minutes ago! What size would you like?”

Customer: “A medium. That’s so cool! I can’t believe you have decaf this late! You guys are awesome!”

Me: *Getting his coffee* “I mean, even if we didn’t have it, we’d brew a fresh one for you! Here you go.”

Customer: “You guys are amazing. You’re wonderful. I love you. I love you guys. Has anybody told you today that they love you?”

Me: “Um, yes?”

Customer: “Good! Because I love you. I want you to know that. You guys are awesome and I love you.”

Me: “Thanks, sir, have a great night.”

He wanders off to the condiment bar and I go back to cleaning and chatting with my coworker. After a moment he comes back with the jar of white sugar, which is now empty.

Customer: “Hey, I’m super sorry to bug you guys but could I have some more sugar?”

Me: “Oh, for sure. No worries.”

I take the jar and refill it from the bag.

Customer: “You guys are awesome. You guys are great. I love you.”

I hand him the sugar and he goes back to the condiment bar with it, and I exchange amused looks with my coworker before going back to work. He leaves before too long, and we keep cleaning.

Coworker: “Hey, look over there.”

The sugar jar is half empty. I filled it to the top when I handed it over, and investigation reveals no sugar in the trash can, so he must have poured whatever was left in the jar the first time plus half another jar full into his coffee. We’re laughing about it when our other coworker comes back from lunch.

Other Coworker: “Geez, who took all our sugar?”

Me: “Only half.”

Other Coworker: “Not the loose, the packets. I filled it up before I went on lunch…”

So, this very affectionate man took at least half a jar’s worth of loose sugar plus the entire bowl of sugar packets… for his one cup of coffee.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!