Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Now Listen Here, Sugar

, , , , | Right | July 4, 2019

(The registers at the store where I work are set up so that customers unload onto the belt and then bring their cart forward so that the cashier can place the items back in it as they’re scanned. This customer, however, has brought up twice as much stuff as she can afford and is loading it onto the belt one item at a time to keep track of her spending, so I just scan it and leave it all on the belt while she decides what she wants. There is quite a high pile when the customer holds up a large bag of sugar with a hole in it. She flips it so that the hole is facing down and a steady stream of sugar is pouring out.)

Customer: “There’s a hole in this sugar.”

Me: “Okay, did you want to give it to me to ring up and grab another one?”

Customer: *still holding it upside down so sugar pours out* “No, I don’t want it.”

Me: “If you flip it over, it’ll stop.”

Customer: *looks at me blankly, still pouring the sugar*

(I reach up over the pile of stuff and across the belt to grab the sugar. By this point, the bag is half empty and sugar is all over her cart and all over the floor. The customer rolls her cart past the register and up another seven feet or so, so that I have to carry her large items over to it one by one. She glares at me the whole time that I’m doing this.)

Me: “Have a nice day.”

Customer: *glares, takes receipt, rolls through the sugar again, and leaves without another word*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!