Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Nothing’s Colder Than An Entitled Customer

, , | Right | December 29, 2021

I work at a restaurant. An older couple comes in. They order just one meal and say they’ll share. I bring the meal out to them. The wife motions me over after a couple of minutes.

Me: “What’s the problem, ma’am?”

Customer: “This entire plate is cold!”

She has fried chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes. I know it’s not cold because I just brought it out. She sticks her finger directly into the mashed potatoes.

Customer: “These are stone cold! I want a new meal!”

I go to take the old plate and she stops me.

Customer: “Oh, no. We’ll keep this one since it’ll be a while before our hot food comes out.”

Me: “Ma’am, I have to take the plate.”

Customer: “I demand to see your manager!”

Surprise, surprise! My manager speaks to her and lets them keep the plate because they’re being a**holes but asks the cooks to make a new one anyway.

I bring out the second meal to the table and they eat. I bring them the bill — for just one meal and their drinks.

Customer: “Why isn’t there a discount? Our food came out cold!”

Me: “Ma’am, you got two meals for the price of one.”

And I walked away.

For the remainder of my time there, they never came back.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!