Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Nothing To Tip Him Off

| Right | April 15, 2014

(My coworker and I are working at a gas station while our manager is working in the back room. A customer comes up to the register.)

Customer: “Can I get a wine (tobacco product)?”

(Because these products come in either wood tip or plastic tip, we always ask the customer which they would like if they don’t specify.)

Coworker: “Wood or plastic tip?”

Customer: “Wine.”

Coworker: “Yes. Wood or plastic?”

Customer: “WINE.”

Coworker: “WOOD or PLASTIC?”

(This continues on for another minute or two until they are near shouting at each other, despite my coworker acknowledging the request for wine-flavor. My manager comes around the corner with her phone out.)

Manager: “Sir, she’s asking you very clearly which kind of wine (tobacco product) you would like: one with a wood tip, or one with a plastic tip.”

(The customer has a dumbfounded look for a moment, and then slaps his hand to his forehead in embarrassment.)

Customer: “OH! Oh, my goodness. I’m SO sorry! Plastic tip, please!”

(We all start laughing as my coworker shakes her head and begins checking the man out. Before he leaves, he looks at my manager, who is still standing next to me, giggling.)

Customer: “Why did you come out with your phone out, anyways?”

Manager: “Oh, because it was just too perfect! I had to get it on video or no one would ever believe it really happened!”

(She had recorded the exchange, and has since showed it to some of my other coworkers who couldn’t believe that this even happened. The man still comes in and has since remembered to specify which kind of tip he would like on his product.)


Did you find this story from our No Smoking roundup?

Click here to get to the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!